This delicious and indulgent paleo chocolate covered coconut slice is brought to you by founder of Designed2Eat, Charleh Dickinson. Designed2Eat produce a range of paleo and vegan friendly healthy treats made from unprocessed wholefoods. Not only are their treats guilt-free, but they’re incredibly delicious, too!
- Coconut oil (for greasing the tin)
For the base:
For the coconut filling:
For the chocolate topping:
- 400g raw or high percentage dark chocolate, melted
Makes approximately 2 bowls
1. To make the base: preheat oven to 175°C and large, lined, greased square cake tin with greaseproof paper and coconut oil.
2. Using a food processor fitted with an “s” blade, blend all the base ingredients together until a smooth mixture is formed.
3. Using a metal teaspoon, pour all the mixture into the baking tin.
4. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the cookies are just slightly browned on the bottom: you can usually tell when they are ready as your kitchen will be filled with a sweet, nutty smell.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack. Meanwhile, to make the coconut filling:
6. Using a food processor fitted with an “s” blade, blend honey and creamed coconut together until a smooth mixture is formed.
7. Whilst the blender is still on, pour the desiccated coconut into the processor until it has formed a sticky mixture. Set aside whilst you make the chocolate topping.
8. Chop the raw chocolate into small pieces. Slowly melt the chocolate in a bain marie or on a very low temperature in a microwave for 2 mins.
9. To assemble: Pour the coconut mixture and smooth on top of the biscuit base.
10. Finally, pour the melted chocolate on top of the coconut mixture. Cover the baking tin with cling film and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or preferable overnight.
11. Once slightly defrosted, using a sharp knife, cut the ‘Paleo Chocolate Covered Coconut Slice’ into squares. Serve and enjoy!
For more delicious paleo recipes, be sure to pay Charleh’s blog a visit here, where you’ll find lots of recipes for sweet and savoury treats. Designed2Eat’s incredible ‘Chocolate Fudge’ slice features in our September Forest and Savannah boxes, which you can buy here. Made with seeds, coconut, dates and cacao, this is one chocolate treat you won’t want to be missing out on!