During these cold Winter days, sometimes there’s nothing better than a bowl of something warm, wholesome and comforting. Here’s our simple recipe for a grain-free version of porridge that’s delicious topped with fruit, nuts and seeds.
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp milled linseed/flaxseed
- 400ml of almond milk or coconut milk
- pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- Sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, raw honey, coconut palm sugar)
Makes approxiately 2 bowls
1. Warm your coconut or almond milk in a saucepan and add the dried ingredients.
2. Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes and stir regularly to ensure that the mixture does not stick to the pan. If the mix is looking too thick, add extra water and adjust according to preference.
3. Once the mixture has reached the desired consistency, drizzle your chosen sweetener to taste. Top with fresh fruit, or homemade fruit compote and a sprinkling of chia seeds.
Here, we added chia seeds, homemade blueberry compote and a sprinkling of our February box’s Mulberry Mix. The white mulberries add a delicious touch of sweetness, whilst the almonds and pumpkin seeds add texture and crunch. We made ours with coconut milk, for a creamy porridge but you could also add grass-fed butter or an egg yolk for extra richness and a boost of healthy fats.
If you’d like to get your hands on our ‘Mulberry Mix’ there’s still time to order your February Box. Be sure to order by Thursday 26th to make sure you don’t miss out. We love to see your pictures and so if you’ve used one of our mixes or made our paleo porridge, be sure to use the #primalsnackbox.